Friday, February 11, 2011

Disneyland



Our family (minus Avery, she stayed home with my Mom and Leesa) went to California the second week of January. We went to Disneyland on Thursday, California Adventure Friday and the beach on Saturday. We had perfect weather, it was mid-high seventies at Disneyland, and it wasn't too crowded. Caleb was tall enough to ride most of the rides and whether he wanted to or not he went with us. He wasn't too excited about the roller coasters, but Cole loved them. Cole's favorite ride was Indiana Jones and second was probably Space Mountain. Shane and I really wanted to go on Tower of Terror, the first time the kids were a little worried, especially when ghosts started turning up. Shane and I loved it, so the second time we went on the ride, the kids knew what was going on, and were terrified. We made them go anyway....mean parents. Caleb was clinging to me pretty tightly.

Our second ride on Tower of Terror. Can you see Caleb clinging?
Caleb loves Mickey Mouse and when he got to see him at Disneyland he was in awe.


They loved meeting all the characters and fortunately we didn't have to wait in any lines. I have been told that the princess lines are pretty long, I guess some day we will have to do that too.
The boys first Disneyland trip was a success.
Cole and I loved the teacups, and couldn't stop laughing.

2 comments:

The Higginbothams said...

Thanks for posting these. It got Brady so excited, and we didn't know there was an Indiana Jones ride. So fun!

JaMilLyN said...

When did you go?? We were there the 14-20 but we were in San Diego the first couple of days then we went to Disneyland Tues/Wed/Thurs of the next week. That would have been cool if we would have been there the same days and could have met up. Crazy!

Anyway, looks like you guys had a blast. I haven't been on the teacups since I was a kid. And I LOVE Tower of Terror too and took Tiger on it and he didn't like it either. I'm mean too I guess. Oh well, he's not scarred for life or anything.

Wow, this is a really long comment. Tell me shut up already.