Friday, May 11, 2012

Firsts

Avery is growing up on me. She is finally potty trained! She has had a few accidents but has done surprisingly well. She has by far been my easiest, but I think we deserved it after the Caleb potty training nightmare. Yay! No diapers for a few months.
It hit me one day, as I was waiting for her to go potty, that she had that milestone before she had her first haircut. I know, I know, that is weird. Avery's hair took forever to come in, and when it did it was pretty curly so I didn't often notice the unevenness of it. I decided it was time.
Before:

I took her to a place close to us called Cookie Cutters. They get to choose what they sit in, she chose a pink car, and watch cartoons. What kid wouldn't like that? Although she doesn't look like she is having that much fun, it went well and she didn't really pay much attention.


Here is the end result. (Pay no attention to the messy mudroom) As I said, with it being curly you can't really tell. It feels softer though, and I am hoping that it will grow a bit faster now.


First haircut: check
Potty training: check (it is an ongoing process, but we have made big progress)

3 comments:

Trotts said...

I've always wondered what Cookie Cutters was like. It looks pretty cool. Cute pictures. I love Avery's crazy curls.

Brittany said...

Avery is such a sweetheart! Miss you guys.

The Higginbothams said...

You didn't want to attempt that one yourself? You probably couldn't have done much damage since you can't tell.
Congrats on potty training though. How nice to say she's done!