Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Homemade Valentine Decorating

I recently discovered the fun of Modge Podge. I know, a lot later than all you crafties. I get together once a month for craft day with my sis and sis-in-law, which was the perfect time to try out some ideas I wanted to use with Modge Podge. I just had to see what it was all about. I bought some wood letters at a store called Crafty Wood Cutouts, which happened to be a really great price. I also bought scrapbook paper and the Modge Podge there as well, its a great little store. Through some trial and error (on my part), we got the job done and I think it turned out pretty well.


We had left over scrapbook paper and I had picked up a couple of paint cards at Home Depot last weekend, so we decided to make a Valentine garland that my sister Becca had on Pinterest. (Thanks Becca) It turned out like this:


It was a fun craft day, relatively cheap, and spending time with some girls what just what I needed.
I had one more sheet of scrapbook paper that hadn't been used and I couldn't just throw it away. I had one more idea.... I picked up an unpainted picture frame at Hobby Lobby, which happened to be 50% off. (Oh yeah.) With a little more help from Modge Podge, I made this:


I had the perfect picture for the frame, it was taken two years ago, and very festive.
All-in-all, I think Modge Podge lived up to my expectations. It was pretty fun and easy to use. I have used up all of my crafty energy though, so Modge Podge is done for a while.
Oh, wait one more idea....
I found something on Pinterest that I wanted to alter a bit.


I bet it smells wonderful, but I wanted to change mine up a bit. I had the perfect container that I bought at Pier 1 years ago. My version:




Perfect.

And that concludes my Valentine projects.

3 comments:

Becca said...

Perfect! And that photo of your kids is one of my favorite. It captures their personalities so well!

The Higginbothams said...

Who are you and what have you done with Terra? Look at you going to town with Mod Podge, and even blogging about it! Are you fulfilling a New Years resolution or something? Whatever, it was fun to read. I'm just about to make my own Love sign with Mod Podge. I'll post my V-day crafts soon. I know you'll be waiting on pins and needles. :)

Brittany said...

I wanna copy you on the conversation hearts! How cute is that?! I need to come see your house! miss you!